Monday, January 6, 2014

Grand Opening

Hello everyone! My name is Ben, and I run Magic: the Gathering events at Big Ben's Comix Oasis.  It's an awesome job at an awesome place to play an awesome game.  And believe me, I love this game; I've played for five years and have never looked back.

One thing I might enjoy more than playing Magic is talking about and teaching Magic.  To that end, I read countless articles and watch my fair share of videos.  However, I find that the barrier to entry is often high; if someone is just starting and barely knows the basics, there's no way he or she could understand those articles.  Thus, the only people benefiting from those pieces of wisdom are those who are already pretty good. Hopefully, Getting There will change that.

My goal with Getting There is to give players of any skill level insight and ideas to improve their technical game and deckbuilding.  Veterans among you readers might already know the topics in this blog, but I encourage you to read it through. You might find something you'd forgotten or never got to analyze in detail!

Please enjoy your stay. I encourage feedback in the comments for this and any other posts.

B-Tops

No comments:

Post a Comment